Please note that these resources may contain affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking one of these links, I may earn a commission.
Lesson 1: Mobile Responsiveness: Designing for Devices
- MOBILE BROWSING ACCOUNTS FOR 63% OF WEBSITE VISITS. Source: Stone Temple
- AS OF JULY 2018, GOOGLE ANNOUNCED THAT MOBILE USABILITY IS AN OFFICIAL RANKING FACTOR (ALSO KNOWN AS “MOBILE-FIRST INDEXING”). Source: Google
Check out how Google sees your website: Mobile-Friendly Test.
- WPMU DEV: Google Search is Going Mobile-First – Here’s What It Means for Your WordPress Site
- Kinsta: WordPress Free vs Paid Themes: Which is Right for Your Next Project?
- The Blogsmith: Top WordPress Theme Memberships & Highend WordPress Themes
Lesson 2: Page Load Time & User Experience
#FACT: 53% OF MOBILE USERS ABANDON WEBSITES THAT TAKE 3+ SECONDS TO LOAD. Source: Google
Caching plugin options:
Image optimization plugin options:
Backup Plugin: UpDraftPlus
Check out how Google judges your page speed (with ideas to improve it): PageSpeed Insights.
- Search Engine Land: The Google Speed Update: Page speed will become a ranking factor in mobile search
- Kinsta: Facebook Instant Articles: How to Setup With WordPress
Lesson 3: Why You Can’t Go On Without HTTPS
How to migrate from HTTP to HTTPS:
- Install a SSL certificate
- Redirect HTTP URLs to HTTPS
- Fixed mixed content warnings
Lesson 4: Menu Design & Usability
- WPMU DEV: Creative Website Menu Designs and Best Practices
- Speckyboy: Analyzing the Hamburger Menu in Web Design
- WPMU DEV: User Testing Your WordPress Site or Product on a Budget
User Testing Resources: